Getting
information from Brett is ridiculously hard. But those of you who know him,
know he is not the most talkative person.
Thank goodness I can be on email at the same time he is so that I can
ask questions and fill in his general email with a little more details. He did
send a lot of pictures though!
I
asked Brett about the highs and lows of his mission so far……….
The best part about
the mission so far is that’s its super fun and it’s awesome when you actually
understand what people are saying sometimes.
The worst part is 90
percent of the time I don’t know really what’s going on. but I know that it
will come in time
I
asked him to tell me about his week……………….
Um… we had some super
good fried chicken and potatoes that a Hermano cooked for us. I will try and
send a picture. The food is pretty good so far, but I haven’t really had like anything
super amazing yet. Which has kinda bummed me out. I though we would eat more
tacos, but we haven’t really! lol
How
was church yesterday?
Church was pretty
good. Like I said I still dont really understand most of whats going on but I
can feel the spirit and that’s all that matters.
Are
you teaching anyone?
We haven’t really had
any new investigators. but we have one named Crispin, who has a lot of questions
about everything. He has come to church and yesterday he came to church with
his sister. He’s like 60 something and
lives with his brothers. Oh and he only has one leg.
How
do you get referrals?
Mostly we ask for
referrals from members. When we teach
people we always ask if they know anyone else that would like to hear our
message or if they know anyone is sick or something like that.
Anything
else
It’s been so cold the
past couple of days. But nothing really
happened this week, I do get discouraged about the language barrier sometimes,
but it is nothing spiritual. I just pray
my heart out and look for simple things to be grateful for. That’s what really
helps is praying and being grateful I am here. I have also been really trying
to read the scriptures in Spanish.
Sorry, I don’t have enough time to send pictures and tell every detail
of my week. Plus I forget a lot of stuff that has happened. All the days kind
of blur together.
Today was a pretty good day. We cleaned the house, went shopping
and then made burgers in the park with Elders from another District. I tried to find a guitar, but I can’t find
any worth buying yet. I asked President
MacArthur if I could have one when I got to the mission and he hasn’t said no.
He said the Area 70 told the Mission President in the Monterrey Este (East)
Mission (Brett is Monterrey West Mission)
that they can’t have musical instruments, but no one told our Mission that we
can’t. I can get one I just can find a decent one to justify buying. We always
play soccer at 6PM on P-Day. We play with a bunch of people in the Ward and we
invite a bunch of people when we knock doors! So after we email today I’m
assuming we will just ride our bikes home and change to go play. Our house is
not that far from the cyber cafĂ©, like only an 8 minute bike ride. Or maybe we will go to a member’s house, I’m
not sure.
I
only have a minute so I probably won’t respond after this! But I love you so
much and I miss you!
Elder Wilcox
No comments:
Post a Comment