Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Email 1/23/17


That’s awesome about Lindsay’s mission call!

Our baptism was awesome. I felt the spirit so strong! I messed up the prayer in Spanish so we had to do it over, but it all worked out! It really didn’t hit me till we got home and I had time to think about it! 

This week I learned that I just have to let go sometimes when I’m trying to understand everything... it’s been really hard. But I know with faith I will have the gift of tongues and that it’s not gonna come all at once. 

I’ve have also come to learn it is so important for us to really endure to the end. Especially as members who know that we have the fullness of the Gospel. We have that knowledge that makes the consequences for not sticking it out even worse.
I do notice when we are guided by the Spirit while we are knocking doors. This week we weren’t having any luck then we stopped had a prayer. Then we knocked on a door (it’s really all gates) and had a really good lesson with two older ladies. 
Our days are pretty much the same every day. We get up, work out, then cook breakfast. (We just have a stove top no oven.) Then we study from 8-10. After that we either go to an appointment, or we go contacting. Every day at 2 or 2:30 we go to a member’s house and have lunch.  Most people work so I don’t know why its lunch and not dinner, but it’s just like a thing they have for sign ups in the church building  After lunch we go to our next appointment.  At like 730- 8 ish we usually get home then plan for the next day. 
Our ward mission leader is so sick! Hermano Chopin and his wife seriously do so much for us! They buy us food all the time, like tacos and stuff! And take us places in their car! And it’s so awesome! When we are with them they always buy us something, like waters from the gas station or stuff like that.  There is also Hermana Alicia who gives us so much food! She is so awesome! But she talks so fast.... I don’t even know how she moves her mouth that fast. 

Today, literally on the way here to this cyber café, we were walking and there are dogs everywhere in the streets. There was a Chihuahua that was barking at us through a gate and I said to Elder Kirkman (the one from Utah)  "dang that thing could literally fit through the gate". So then I yelled at the dog "YOU WONT"! Then right after that another dog, that we didn’t see, ran through the gate and attacked me! Hahahahahahahaha it didn’t actually bite me but it tried. It got super close to me and I almost had to kick it! I’m not afraid to kick a dog here. There are some pretty sketchy dogs, but this one was soo funny! 

So you asked about packages. The president and his wife come up to Laredo, Texas once every month and get packages. Then they leave the ones for Nuevo Laredo at our house, then we take them to our zone meetings, which are every Tuesday. Then the Zone Leaders distribute them. I got a bike by the way! Ha-ha I almost forgot about that. Its super old and kind sketchy but it’s so cool! The bikes were donated to us from a ward in Texas. So we only paid like 175 pesos which is like almost 10 dollars!
I will have to take picture next week! 
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Also my stomach is good and don’t worry about the water.  We have these huge 5 gallon things of clean water. Everyone does. And sometimes bottled water too.  We also have a filtered water bottle the CCM gave us so we can get water from the sink to drink too.

I love you! I’m hoping you can send the things I need by our next package delivery. 

Elder Wilcox


No comments:

Post a Comment