Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Two For One - emails from June 12th & 19th



June 12, 2017

My week was pretty good. It’s been pretty hard to get people to come to Church, so it’s been a little tough. But we are still happy and excited. This city is so pretty, there are a lot of hills and we are walking straight up sometimes, it’s super gnarly. I don’t know how people built these streets or the houses it’s so crazy, but so very cool. We have such a great view of the whole valley.
It has been so freakin’ HOT! It’s been in like the 40 Celsius and that’s really hot (104° F for us Americanos). So that’s not fun. And our ward is really dead. They don’t help us really at all and they don’t really have trust in us. I think there were some dead missionaries here that did some stupid things so now we get to deal with that and we are trying to figure out how to build that trust with them.  The bishop is cool, he is super young or at least he looks young. He reminds me of Sheldon but a little different. He likes us and is trying to help us but like I said, it’s been tough. It doesn’t mean we can’t have success, we just have to work a lot harder. We had Elder Pine of the 70 come and talk to us and he was super cool.  My Spanish is really improving I can pretty much understand everything that is said now, and that is really awesome.

June 19, 2017

Okay so last went pretty well, but this week has been pretty hard. Our area is super dead, and it has been discouraging.  And to make it all so much better, my companion had to have surgery on his nose to make it easier for him to breathe. Now he can’t work for a week at least. We really haven’t had any progressing investigators this whole change and it makes me feel like I’m not being a very productive missionary. Right now I don’t know how to change these things or how I can work differently for the Lord to see results.  I love this work and when we get someone that really is interested in the Gospel there is nothing like it. I can’t explain the joy and love I feel for these people coming unto Christ. The hardest thing is finding these people that are ready to hear it and accept it. I am going to have a lot of time on my hands this week so I think I’m really going to study the things that I need to work on as a missionary. Our purpose is to bring others unto Christ and baptize them, not for numbers but for people’s salvation. We can’t enter into the Kingdom of God without baptism, so that’s one thing I will be focusing on this week.
Even though it’s been really hard lately, it just means were going to see some miracle happen soon. I know with all my heart this Gospel is true, I know I am called to serve these people and to bring them unto Christ and I know it’s not going always going to be easy, so I’m going to do my best to show them how much our Heavenly Father loves them by being the best example I can be.

For our P-Day we went to a trampoline place today for like an hour and that was really fun. We went for a district activity and it was awesome, but it was super-hot. It’s been insanely hot here. It’s not even the hottest it will get yet. We shall see how that goes.

Love you,

Elder Wilcox 

No comments:

Post a Comment