It’s been super hot. We have had to walk up and down the whole area and its freakin’ huge. But it’s been kinda cool to have somewhat of a new area. The president added new parts to our area so there are members in the lower part of the area that we never visited before. Yesterday (July 2) got into this really minor car crash with a member. The member was turning on to this kinda busy street, into the first lane and there was a Chevy truck that changed lanes at the same time and side swiped the front of our car. It happened super slowly so it didn’t really do any major damage but the wife of the guy driving the truck got so mad. This lady kept telling our ward member that it was her fault, but I think it was the truck’s fault. We had to wait there for an hour for the insurance to come and all this stuff, it was lame and kinda funny. I’m surprised there aren’t more accidents here. Everyone drives somewhat crazy. There are rules but I feel like everyone does what they want.
My new companion’s name is Elder Mendez. He is from the Dominican Republic. He has a reputation for being a tough person to companion with and so far that has been true. It’s been hard, but I am trying to stay positive. He can be funny sometimes, and he is good with little kids.
I had an interesting experience yesterday. We were walking home and we passed by a girl that was sitting out front of her house and she looked like she was crying. She is 18. At first, I didn’t think I should talk to her because I feel like it’s kinda awkward to talk to someone while they are crying. so we kinda passed by a little bit more but then I just blurted out "Buena’s tardes" and then I started talking to her. it wasn’t me that did that I really feel that the spirit kinda just made me do that. and we talked to her and she ended up being really cool. So we are going to try and go back with her tomorrow. but I really feel like the Spirit just took over. It’s nothing big but that’s what I remember the best out of the week.
I love you and miss you all!
Elder Wilcox

No comments:
Post a Comment