Monday, June 26, 2017

A new area - Mitras Zone

Emails from May 15th and May 29th 






I got changed in early May, I left for Monterrey at 6ish on the evening of May 14th and then spent the night at the Mission Home in Monterrey.  I am back with Elder Elizondo my trainer ha-ha. it’s kinda weird but they say it happens sometimes. Not sure why but God does so that’s all that matters. I’m stoked to be able to see more of this mission but I didn’t want to leave some of the people in Nuevo Laredo! Everyone in that ward is super nice and super cool but I know that the Lord needs me somewhere else and that the people in my new area can really be affected by me and my companion. As I packed everything the morning that I left I realized how much random crap I have so I’m going try and get rid of some stuff down here in the Mitras Zone. We are right at the base of the Cerro de las Mitras.  We are about 45 minutes from Monterrey.  I love my new area! We are literally on the side of a mountain and it’s so pretty! We can see the whole valley from our area, the view is so rad.
hahahahahah  It’s like going from South Central LA to downtown HB, it seems a lot safer. I haven’t heard any gunfire yet, but we will see. 
The hills suck but I’m getting used to them and walking is different but its fine. It’s been pretty hot, but then it just randomly rains.  Like one night it rained so hard it was crazy, for like 40 minutes, and then just stopped.
Finding new people is super hard. People like to talk to us but they never come to church. The ward is not super helpful here, which is the most important part. It’s tough because they say they will come out with us and then cancel at the last minute.
So those Rockport shoes that we bought ended up stretching out and being too big for me and giving be blisters. lol so I had to buy some good shoes to walk in again here cause I had to leave my bike in Nuevo Laredo. We went to the huge mall that is kinda near us and that was cool. It’s really expensive there. Like everything is normal price like in America but obviously, we are paying in pesos. My shoes were like 1500 pesos. 
Our P-Day activity is still playing soccer and hanging out with our district and some other missionaries of our zone. We still have a lunch with members every day and it’s always lunch. That’s just the way it is here. I think the Stake Presidents and the Mission President decided on lunch.
Not much else to tell!

I love you! 

Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment