On the bridge between Texas and Mexico
So this past week was pretty cool. We went paintballing for an activity for the zone and it was so fun! We played with a member who is on a team and we played for a while mixed together. Then later they did their team against us missionaries, and we literally got destroyed. It hurt so bad! but it was so fun!
Later we found some really cool people and now I guess one of our investigators wants to marry me and my companion. So there’s that.
There is a tradition here in Mexico when it’s your birthday they always smash your face in the cake. So we were at a member’s house eating some super good carne asada tacos and after they had a cake just for dessert. But Elder Estevez was like smash it in his face!! it’s his birthday on the 12th (this happened on the 6th) I was like no man!! I still have 6 days! But he was so determined so he tried to grab me and I was fighting him off for a good 5 min. Then Elder Szendre who is like 1,000 feet tall (actually 6'7) grabbed my legs and Estevez had my arms, my comp was just watching, then Estevez had the cake in his hand and I got one hand free and pushed it into his face Hahahaha but not enough to stop him. So after that he smashed the cake in my face. and it got all in my nose and everything! ha-ha but it was super funny. I’m sure I’ll get some more cake in my face soon.
A few nights ago it was super windy and we were just hanging out at the house at like 9. We were studying and stuff and then the power went out. We thought we heard our neighbors yelling so we went to check on them. Nothing happened with them they were fine, but the police were outside our house for a tiny bit down the street in a truck so we were kind of checking them out, and then this huge BANG went off. We all ran inside the house scared out of our minds. it sounded like a big rifle. and we looked outside and everyone was running away from where the noise came from. But there was nothing else, and the power went out again, (it kept cutting in and out). We waited a while and then slowly checked outside. Everything was super mellow so we went out and there were sparks flying in the wind down the street. It turned out that the wind caused the transformer to blow up. Hahahaha it caught the tree on fire a little it too. Finally, like 15 min later, the fire dept. showed up and put it out. It's funny because I was telling one our new converts that I can’t tell the difference between fireworks and gunfire around here. She laughed and said, what you hear at night in NEVER fireworks. Oh well.
Today we went to the border. We were on the bridge that crosses to Texas and it was super cool! I’ll try and send some pics. The Rio Grande is literally across the street from our house.
I love you,
Elder Wilcox
No comments:
Post a Comment