New Missionary Haircut
I think I told you I got a new companion and he is Danny Perez, Josh and Moroni’s cousin! He is so cool! I love him so much, he is awesome. We have been having a great time. The mission is awesome and I’m having a great time. I’m doing great! My Spanish is coming along and I’m understanding a lot and I feel like I am really helping some people.
We have one really cool family that we are actually going to go eat with after we email. Her daughter has Down Syndrome or something like that, and she said when we contacted her that she had prayed to Heavenly Father for the first time in a while and she felt like we were her answer.
I know I don’t tell you much but honestly, it’s not that I don’t want to talk we really just don’t have much that goes on. But this week we have been contacting a lot. We don’t really have any new really strong investigators, so we have been looking around. We contacted TWO PEOPLE THAT SPOKE PERFECT ENGLISH SO WE ARE GOING TO GO BACK WITH THEM. They were super cool. They seemed really nice and humble but we won’t know for sure till later. The past couple weeks have been really slow with investigators. but we are powering through it. Life lesson, don’t let the little things get you down. we have to look at the big picture because we are here to learn about Heavenly Father and how we can return with him. All the little stuff doesn’t matter.
The weather has been okay for the past couple of days but there are some days where it gets really hot! It can get super crazy, we had three thunderstorms in the past week. and yes we rode through the rain again. There is literally no other way. It wasn’t too bad. but it had started to flood a good amount when we were riding. Don’t worry though, the water doesn’t move, it just sits in the street so we won’t get swept away and drown... LOL
My companion is literally just like me. We have the same sense of humor and we just tell a bunch of jokes all throughout the day. He is super good at teaching too. One scripture that stood out to me is from Doctrine and Covenants. I can’t remember the exact section so I will send it next week so please remind me It says we are promised so much from Heavenly Father but when we don’t live correctly He doesn’t have to keep His promises. I thought that was super cool.
We had a guy tell us that he thinks the God is an extraterrestrial ha-ha he just talked and talked about how God isn’t from here, he is an alien. He just kept going and going forever. Then we went back to talk to him and we were in a middle of a lesson outside his gate. and a car showed up and honked. He said "they are here for me, I got to go" and gave us the pamphlet back and just left Hahahaha so we were just like what the heck?
Did Dad get to play Turtle Bay? It’s a super big course! I want to play it again really bad.
Yesterday was Easter and the tradition here in Mexico is to fill egg shells with confetti or flour and then the smash them on your head. We went to eat at a recent convert’s house and we ended up having a war with those things in her house ha-ha it was super crazy and messy. Really fun.
I love you so much dad and I miss you a lot! I hope everything’s is going well!

No comments:
Post a Comment