Thursday, April 20, 2017

Email April 3, 2017


My companion got transferred and my roommate, Elder Kirkman got transferred too. Elder Perez is going to be my new companion! He is the cousin and nephew of Brother and Sister Perez in our ward.

Conference was great!! It’s so much different in the mish, I appreciated it so much more, and to be able to hear our prophet speak is such a blessing. it was so sick!  And yeah we watched at the church! 

So I read an article in the Liahona (Church Magazine) where a single mom was struggling to make ends meet and she didn’t know what to do.  She had talked to her bishop and asked what his advice was. He said that he thought she should go to school and try and work things out. I think you should as the bishop for some advice, even if it’s financial help. Heavenly Father loves us so much, and he wants the best for us, he gives us so many ways that we can get through our problems. sometimes we have to wait a little bit and struggle so we can really appreciate things. I know with all my heart that if you pray, read your scriptures, pay tithing, even when it seems like if we pay our tithing we won’t have money, when we do these things that Heavenly Father has asked us to do, we have a promise from Him that he will help us. Sometime it’s hard to see the end, but when we put TOTAL confidence and faith in Him, he WILL gives us answers and the means to do the things we need to do. 

I love you so much and I hope that you know how much I have a testimony of these things. before my mission I knew these things. but I didn’t have a very strong testimony in them, but now I truly know that Heavenly Father is there for us.  He has answered so many of my prayers over the few months that I have been out.  We need to pray with full confidence that we will receive these things or we really won’t get them.

Love,
Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment