Hi there!
Some of you don't know me, I am Brett Wilcox's mom, Mary. You are receiving this email because you told Brett you would like to receive his weekly emails home. I wanted to introduce myself as Brett's emails will be coming through me.
From now on I will forward Brett's weekly emails, but for today I wanted to let you know that Brett arrived safely in Mexico City around noon our time today. (Mexico City is two hours ahead of us right now). I received a really short email from him around 3:30 saying he had arrived and all was well. He told me that his P-Day (preperation day) will be on Thursdays while in the Missionary Training Center (MTC). He said that he is not sure if he will have time to email this Thursday, but we will for sure hear from him next week.
Missionary trivia for those of you who are new to this:
- Brett will have been assigned a companion once he arrived at the MTC today. Brett will have many companions over the next 2 years, they can change as frequently as every 6 weeks. Some companions stay together longer. It is possible for 3 missionaries to be assigned together in certain situations.
- Brett will be in the MTC for 6 weeks. Around January 9th he will transfer to his mission assignment in Monterrey, Mexico
- While he will be studying a lot, he will have down time to play soccer and get exercise. However he will not be allowed to leave the MTC during those 6 weeks.
- Once out of the MTC, P-Days are on Monday. That is the day he and his companion will email thier families from the local church buidling, do their grocery shopping, laundry and any other chores needing to be done. It is also very likely on some P-Days that he and his companion will meet up with other Church members and/or missionaries to see some of the local sights.
If there is anything else you want to know about Brett's experience, or our Church, just email and ask me.
The way we do missionary emails in our family is, I will usually ask Brett a bunch of questions about his week and then all he has to do is answer the questions. Of course he can tell us anthing he wants, bu missionaries only get a short amount of time to email, especially while in training. So the question and answer format makes it faster and easier for him to let us know what is going on.
Once he answers the questions I clean up the grammar and punctuation so that his emails are easier for all of you to read, and will forward them. This way he can just type away and not have to worry about taking extra time to make his letters pretty or coherent (hahaha).
So if you have a question you would like to ask him, please let me know and I will include it with my questions.
Brett can receive emails from any of you. Like I said he probably won't have much time to reply to emails you send him, but I know he would love to hear from you. This first week or so is going to be the hardest for him, it is a lot of ajustment to MTC life. The more support he gets the more will feel better.
His email address is
Once out of the MTC we will be able to send packages to him. Please let me know if you do plan to send him something, and I will foward you the address and instructions on what to do.
Thank you caring about Brett and being interested in this amazing journey he is on.
No comments:
Post a Comment