I’m emailing early
today because we are going to the temple at 10 and won’t be back until about
5. I’m not sure if we will be going to
more than one session, and the temple isn’t that far, but the traffic is
horrible and it takes forever to drive anywhere.
We had language study
this morning for an hour and then I decided to email now because I don’t know
if I will have time later. If I do I
will get back on and send pictures. I
haven’t taken very many so far, but I’m going to take a lot today. I haven't figured out the video on this camera yet.
More about Christmas
Christmas Eve we had a
devotional where we just watched a movie. It was the Muppets at the Tabernacle
(in Salt Lake City). It was super cheesy but it was nice to watch a somewhat real
movie. Christmas day we had Sacrament. One of the Presidents here and his wife
read the story of Jesus being born and we sang a bunch of Christmas songs in
between breaks in the story. After that we had another devotional broadcast
from Salt Lake. It was like the same thing as Sacrament haha but it was good. Then
after that, later in the night, each zone had to prepare a song to sing in
front of every one. I can’t remember the song we sang.
My companion and I are
getting along okay almost all of the time. I love him but, he can be a
challenge.
Honestly nothing super
interesting or funny has happened. But today we get to go to the temple so that
is going to be awesome! That’s why I’m emailing so early today.
A spiritual experience
this week was when we were teaching one of our teachers. The teachers pretend
to be investigators and her fake name was Marta. we were talking about the
restauracion (restoration of the Gospel) and we ended up talking about the Book
of Mormon and she was pretending to be super Catholic and when I bore my
testimony it felt so good. I felt like my Spanish was very good and its just
awesome. The gift of tongues is very real.
Service Projects at
the CCM
We have only done one service
project where we washed about a 25% of the chairs in the comedor (cafeteria). We
were supposed to do another one, but when we went to go do the project no one
was at the area to tell us what to do. We do service as a district but they
usually put a couple of districts on the same one so it goes fast.
Life in the CCM is
good. but I’m pretty over it. Our days are literally 16 hours long. I thought
there would be more scripture classes but there isn’t. We mainly focus on the
language which I understand pretty well. But our language class is all in Spanish
(literally everything is in Spanish), which is good, but it can be insanely
hard because if you miss a part then you get totally lost. The CCM has its
moments, but I’m ready to get out in the field. I’m also very nervous because I
feel like I don’t know Spanish very well. But I am excited to leave the CCM
I have to go, I went
over my time trying to upload the pictures.
I love you and miss you all!
Elder Wilcox
No comments:
Post a Comment