Monday, December 26, 2016

Email 12-15-16

Hi Everyone!
Merry Christmas! This is Brett's email from yesterday!  I was on the computer when he emailed so we emailed back and forth for about 45 minutes.  He is doing great and is asking for emails from friends and family.  His email address is brett.wilcox@myldsmail.net  He would love to hear from you.   
Mary


FROM BRETT:

Anything you want to tell me before we get to the questions?

I get to call home on Christmas Day!  At 2 PM Central Time.
And can you send me some popcorn, microwave popcorn?
Oh and I found my razor!

You said that your first week’s schedule in the CCM was crazy.  What made it so crazy?

It’s crazy because trying to adjust to the schedule is hard, and you don’t get a P-day so it just wears you down. When new missionaries come everyone tells you just till make it till Sunday and then you’ll realize you love it here because Sundays are so spiritual. 

What are your classes like?  Do you stay in the same room, or move around with different teachers like in high school? 

We have one class that we are always in every day. We have class with one teacher from around 9-12 and then later again around 5:15-9 with another teacher. In between we have personal study time to study our scriptures or to plan what we will teach our mock investigator. Then we will come to the computer lab, it’s called TALL, for an hour in the middle of the day and after that we have language study where we study Spanish for like an hour also. 


Any funny stories from the first couple of weeks?
Well my companion drank probably a gallon of water in like 20 min just because we said he wouldn’t do it hahaha then he felt sick. But other than that I can’t really think of anything too funny. 


What do you do during gym time?

Well we were playing indoor soccer on the basketball court outside. (it has a cage around it) but my companion got hurt and he kind of made a big deal about it and now we aren’t supposed to play in there. But we are still playing soccer but now just on half the field.


What do you do on Sundays?  Do you go for walks like they do in Utah? Tell me about Church, do you take turns blessing the Sacrament? 

Sundays are awesome! We go to church at 9 with our branch and everyone has to prepare a 5 min talk in Spanish for 2 topics. After Sacrament meeting, we have a district meeting, then we have priesthood. After that we have different filler things that I can’t really remember right now. Later on in the evening we have a devotional. The guys that have been here longer usually bless the Sacrament. No we don’t go on walks because we don’t ever really leave the CCM unless for we go to the temple or for other random things like the dentist or our visas 


So you don’t have a regular day that you go to the temple? 
We haven’t gone to the temple yet, probably next week.


Describe the CCM campus. It looks like a college campus. 
The CCM is an old college with a 6 ½ foot wall around it with barbed wire on top of that. There are long buildings that have classrooms in them. and then there is the comedor which is the cafeteria.  Then there are dorms next to the comedor. then there are a bunch of houses in the back where I live.  We also have a gym a couple basketball courts and a soccer field. There is actually a bunch of stuff, it’s really hard to explain. 


How many roommates do you have? 
3 including my companion, but 20 people live in our house.


What are their names and what are they like?
Elder Curriden, Elder Hoakonson, and Elder Bradley, my companion. They are really cool. Elder Curriden is the district leader for 11b so he gets kinda strict when its quiet time and lights out Which can be annoying because I was ironing my pants one night for the next day and I had a hot iron in my hands. While I was putting it away, he turned off the light. But for the most part he is really cool and really funny, same with elder Hoakonson. He’s more quiet than elder Curriden. 


What is your favorite thing about being in the CCM so far?
For sure the Spirit. it is always here. And probably the brotherhood that we have with our district. 

What is the thing you like least about being in the CCM so far?
The food. It’s like mass produced crappy Mexican food. It’s made me sick too. I’ve had pretty bad diarrhea for like 2 weeks. I went to the doc and he gave me antibiotics and anti-diarrhea pills but so far it hasn’t helped.  I don’t feel sick, just in the bathroom A LOT. The doctor said if I’m not better in a couple of days I should go back and get a shot.  So I’m going to go tomorrow.  

Do you get to hang out with Dane?
No we don’t get to hang out, but I see him pretty often.

I love you and miss you guys! Tell Jared to email me! And anyone else who wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment