Monday, December 26, 2016

12-10-16 First Communication from Brett

Hi everyone!  

It has been insane trying to get decent communication from Brett.  They changed is P-Day from Thursday to Friday, so he and other missionaries could go to the immigration office to do something with their Visas.  But not everything was settled at immigration on Thursday so they had to go back again on Friday, so his email time got cut short on Friday.  Thankfully his leaders let him have some more time today.  I had to piece together four emails to get the information below.  
Enjoy! 
Mary


Did you have any trouble getting your connecting flight in Phoenix?
No my connecting flight was fine, I just had to walk kind of far through the Phoenix airport. 

How was your flight? Did you talk to anyone on the plane?
My flight was good, but no almost all the people on my plane spoke Spanish.

Were you able to buy lunch on the plane? what did you have?
I just got some fruit and some cheese and crackers.

Were there other missionaries on either of your flights? 
No I was the only missionary on my flights 

How are you adjusting? Are you having any problems sleeping?
I am adjusting okay. I don’t really get too homesick unless I think about it too much. (I got pretty homesick reading your first email.) The beds aren’t very comfy but they’re not terrible. 


How are you feeling?  You seemed like you were getting a cold before you left.
I’m feeling fine. My cold is gone. just a tiny cough now. 

Tell me a little bit about your first day?  What did you do?  What was the orientation like?  
My first day was really long. After I got to the airport here in Mexico City I had to go thru customs and she barely spoke English. Then we had to wait a really long time (like 2 hours) in the airport waiting for other missionaries, but none came. Then we drove to the CCM (MTC in Spanish) and that took about an hour and a half. (the traffic in Mexico City is really bad! worse than LA) then we went through orientation, then had dinner then had a devotional, then went to our house and unpacked. Orientation was good. 

Does the staff speak to you in English or Spanish?
The staff speaks Spanish 

What is your day like?
Daily schedule is: wake up at 6:30 AM.  Then we have breakfast at 7:45 and after that personal study. Then we just have class most of the day, but we get an hour for gym. Then we go back to class till like 6:30 AM. We practice teaching an investigator (in Spanish) then we go home at like 9:30 PM and just get ready for bed.

What is the food like? Is it all Mexican? 
The food is 95% Mexican, but not very good haha It’s like mass produced Mexican food. 

Did you get your Visa straightened out?
Yes it just took so long!


Have you seen Dane yet?  (for those who don’t know, another guy in our ward at Church is also in the missionary training center in Mexico City. Dane reported one week after Brett)
yes! I saw him on Tuesday when he got here!

Do you two get to hang out at any time?
No not yet. Our schedules are different but hopefully when his schedule mellows out we can. The schedule for your first week here is crazy.

What is your companion's name? Elder Bradely


What is your companion like? 
My companion is an interesting guy.  He was in choir and went to a performing arts school. He definitely tries my patience sometimes because he talks a lot and explains literally every detail of a story, and then some, but he is cool. He is pretty funny sometimes. 

Where is he from?
St. George, Utah

Do you two get along or is it too early to tell?
Yeah we get along for the most part but there are some things that he does that kinda get on my nerves.


Have you been to the temple yet?
No not yet


Did you get the care package I sent you?
Yes it was amazing! It would be rad if you could send another one! everyone loved all the stuff you sent.

Share a spiritual experience that you have had.  
A spiritual experience that I have had was my companion had to go the dentist and before we went, some of our roommates and I gave him a blessing. The Spirit was crazy strong. But the Spirit over all in the CCM/MTC is nothing like I have ever felt before. It’s so constant.  Even when we sing in Spanish, I don’t know all the words or exactly what we are saying, but the Spirit is so strong! Btw the dentists here are nothing like at home.  When we went in we had to be buzzed in to the gate and it was a tiny little room where we waited. Then we went in to the main room, and it just had four dentist chairs in one big room instead of all separate rooms. My comp had some bone still in his socket from when he got his wisdom teeth out and they had to cut his gum open there.  They just gave him a couple of shots to numb him and then they had him gargle iodine and water hahaha it was so crazy! it was just super different, but pretty cool.

I have to go now but I love and miss all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment