Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Email 3/13/17


It is very hard getting information from Elder Wilcox.  Thankfully we can chat a little bit while he is on email, and Nana shares her emails so I can add what he sends her to the blog. I’m glad he tells her different things than he tells me.


This was the email he sent to his Nana. She asked him how he was doing….
I’m doing fine and my health is fine! I got the package you sent yesterday! My Mission President and his wife are the ones who go to Texas to pick up the packages.  They came to our Stake conference so they went up there and I got the guitar and the candies and the sweaters and everything! thank you so much! I love the guitar! It’s perfect for the mission!

She told him about some disappointments our missionaries are having here, and he said that happens to them too
we have that happen where people make appointments and then they aren’t there, it’s just the life of a missionary. You just have to stay positive and keep looking for the people who are prepared to hear our message!
  
And then
It was time for Mom to check in with Brett and ask him what he has learned so far on his mission. 

I have earned a lot about prayer, when we ask for things, Heavenly Father wants to give them to us, but we really need to believe that He can or else we won’t receive them. It’s like if I asked you for something face to face and then just walked away and never came back. I’ll never actually get what you were going to give me. So we need to ask with a sincere desire, then wait and actually have faith. We will get what we asked for. 

I asked him to tell me about the Bishop in his ward………….

His name is Bishop Marchan. I,ve been meaning to ask you if you know any Marchans. He has family that live in Anaheim I think.  He said they live between Beach and Magnolia he said. I he wasn’t completely sure. Anyway, he is super cool. He bought us pizza a couple of times and gives us rides. He is around 35-40, has three kids  (one is 13, one is 7 and the other is like 3. I like him a lot but sometimes I feel like he is a little too relaxed about things. Our ward always starts Sacrament super late. But he is awesome. 

I asked him if he had been able to see much of Nuevo Laredo……….

Honestly we haven’t gone sightseeing. we don’t really have time on P day. There are a bunch of statues around Centro which is like downtown, and those are pretty cool. But other than that there is not much to see. Nuevo Laredo is all desert basically. 


Highs and lows of the mission…………..

Just being with the guys from my district from the CCM is super fun. And I like learning Spanish.  But it’s super hard to get up on time in the morning here. In the CCm I didn’t have a problem but here it’s a little harder. My Spanish is for sure improving. My English is worse. I think I lost a little weight, but we don’t have a scale so I. but I’m not sure.  

Random info………

There was one time that we were biking home and we passed a car and it started to follow us for like 12 blocks. (the blocks are very small here.) But they ended up going away and nothing happened.

The food is nothing crazy or special, I haven’t had anything that is like super amazing either. 


There are some neighborhoods where there are some pretty nice houses. but, not in my area. My area is way random, there will be like a super nice house, and then right next to it is like a little shack where people live, its super crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment