Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July 24, 2017 More Q & A

July 24, 2017


How have you grown, like what are things that you know now, or understand now that you didn't before your mission?

I think the biggest thing is how real Heavenly Father is.  Before it just seemed like this far concept that everyone talked about, but here, seeing people change their lives because of the Gospel, I really have a testimony that God the Father lives alongside His son Jesus Christ. 

What is something that you have learned from having this companion? 

That and patience and love are hard.

What is your favorite thing about your mission so far?

I think the best part is teaching and learning. I love learning new things and I’ve learned a lot about myself, a different culture, and about the Gospel. But being in a different country is really cool too. It makes me want to travel a lot after my mission. 



What is your least favorite thing?

As of right now not being to go surf and cool down. The heat is terrible here, especially walking all day. 


How many emails do you get each week? Or maybe a better question is how many people do you email each week.

I email mostly you guys. I get like random ones from my friends and Jared and his friends but not too many. I get it, they have lives and email is weird haha. I was horrible at emailing Jared. KARMA.. 

Tell me about your week, details, highs, lows, bests, worsts.  

My companion is tough so that is probably a low.  But things were pretty normal for the week. Then we had a baptism with two girls!! wohoo! they are so awesome. One is 10 and the other is 9. They are so cute hahaha and they know everything they needed to know to get baptized and it was awesome! Their parents are menos activos and have been to church the past 2 weeks so hopefully they keep coming! We have another investigator who is super cool but she didn’t go to church the past 2 weeks so we gotta talk to her to see if we can get her to go. But other than that we don’t have too much going on, it’s been pretty mellow.


Describe a typical Sunday to me.  

We get up at 7ish and get showered and study. I usually just read some scriptures or something and then at 11 we will go to the church, usually walking. After sacrament, we teach a gospel principles class then go to priesthood. After church, we will kinda hang around a little and talk to members. Then we usually have to walk to our lunch appointment.  After we eat, we try to visit people that didn’t go to church and the less actives.  Sundays are the hardest to contact people because everyone goes somewhere or they have been drinking too much from partying so they can’t talk to us.  
Then it’s time to go home where we usually read or go to sleep. 

I love mom and I miss you! Thank you for everything! I miss you guys so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment